[vtkusers] vtkCellPicker and vtkGlyph3DMapper

Doug Hoppes dhoppes at mbfbioscience.com
Mon Mar 24 09:52:27 EDT 2014

Hi all,

                At this time, I am displaying the glyphs using vtkGlyph3D with the GeneratePointsIDOn().  This allows the vtkCellPicker to give me the glyph point that is selected so that I can do move that glyph point.  However, I'm running into a situation where I have 100,000 glyph points and would like to use the vtkGlyph3DMapper so display the glyphs.  The unfortunate part is that the vtkGlyph3DMapper does not support the GeneratePointsIDOn() method.

                Is there a way that I can select individual glyph points if the glyphs are represented using the vtkGlyph3DMapper?

Doug