[vtkusers] fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'vtkCommon.lib' for vtk6.1.0

zwei2001 z_wei2001 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 23 02:24:21 EDT 2014

Hi,

I just installed vtk6.1.0 on my Windows 7 system using CMake 2.8.12.2 and
microsoft vs 2010 express. However, when I tried to run a piece of code, I
ran into following problem:

1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'vtkCommon.lib'

I couldn't find vtkCommon.lib under .../lib/Debug. There are only:

vtkCommonColor-6.1.lib
vtkCommonComputationalGeometry-6.1.lib
vtkCommonCore-6.1.lib
vtkCommonDataModel-6.1.lib
vtkCommonExecutionModel-6.1.lib
vtkCommonMisc-6.1.lib
vtkCommonSystem-6.1.lib

May I know what's the problem and how to resolve it? Thanks!