[vtkusers] painting on vtkCanvas

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Tue Mar 18 17:47:10 EDT 2014

The issue here is related to the fact that vtkCanvas is a heavy weight
component, hence you can not easily put layer on top of it.

But you can try to search on the web on how to paint over an heavy weight
component in Java. (Which is not VTK specific.)
Although, you might found other alternative such as using the VTK JOGL
renderer that rely on Swing instead of Awt, but be aware that the
performance might be not as good.

Seb