[vtkusers] "big" spheres not plotting

Peter Bosler pbosler at umich.edu
Sun Mar 16 11:05:35 EDT 2014

Good morning,

I have just upgraded my model from testing algorithms on the unit sphere
(x,y,z in [-1,1]) to a model that computes in physical units relevant to an
Earth-sized sphere, so that now x,y,z span [-6.371e6, 6.371e6].  While
ParaView handles this change with no problem, my vtk codes no longer show
the polydata -- all I get upon rendering is a blank field.

I have tried changing the camera positions to account for the now much
larger physical space, and I can verify that the vtkPolyDataReaders are
working by displaying the number of cells.  I suspect it's an issue with
coordinate systems, but then changing the camera position and view up
should have worked.

Any suggestions to get my "big" spheres to show up in vtk?

Thanks very much.

Pete Bosler
Postdoctoral Assistant Professor
Applied and Interdisciplinary Mathematics
University of Michigan

pbosler at umich.edu
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~pbosler/