[vtkusers] vtkimagereslicemapper to get exact slice

chasank chasank at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 15:02:25 EDT 2014

Hi,

vtkImageSliceMapper does not allow me to use oblique. I use
vtkImageResliceMapper for its oblique feature.
So it does not seem as a good option.

"/So in order to avoid interpolation between slices, you will have to make
sure that Origin of your slice plane always lies exactly on one of the
slices in your data set./"

So, my problem lies within the code responsible with changing slices? I
wrote the code below in order to traverve among slices:

double origin[3];
plane->GetOrigin(origin);
origin[2] = origin[2] - spacing[2];

double distance = plane->DistanceToPlane(origin);
plane->Push(-distance);

If I understand your point correctly, the code above causes the
interpolation between slices. Am I right? If so, how can I make sure that
the origin of slice plane lies exactly on the slices in the data set?

Thanks.
Chasan