[vtkusers] QVTKWidget missing from build

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Tue Jun 24 15:52:45 EDT 2014

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 3:04 PM, Doug Hoppes <dhoppes at mbfbioscience.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>                 I’m trying to get the QT support working for VTK.  However,
> after the build of VTK, I’m not seeing the QVTKWidget.h files any more (In
> vtk 5.8, they were there).
>
>                 My make file flags looks like:

Assuming you are using 6.x, or master, the flags have changed quite a
bit. We use groups to approximate some of the USE variables, so for Qt
enabling VTK_Group_Qt would enable most Qt modules. Rendering and
StandAlone are enabled by default. You can also enable individual
modules, and that will enable any modules it depends upon. You will
likely need to change your link line too, see,

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Build_System_Migration

for details on migrating to/using VTK 6.x with your application. We
default to Qt 4, but changing VTK_QT_VERSION to 5 will cause VTK to
build against 5. Due to changes in Qt 5's build system, the easiest
way of finding it is to add the install prefix to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH.
Hopefully that is enough to get you building VTK, or you can provide
more details.

Marcus