[vtkusers] Converting mesh/polydata to graph data structure

Saad Khan saadkkhan64 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 04:01:52 EDT 2014

Hey , Apologies for the noobish question but I just started using VTK and
have been stuck with this problem for a few days ..

1) I have a triangulated mesh . I need to run a restrtricted 'Breadth first
search' on a particular vertex inside the mesh( for removing a certain
section following a research paper)

2) How do I convert the mesh(polydata) into a graph like data structure ( I
can use SetPoints for the points but how do I Add Edges to the vertices
without having to do it manually?)

3) Is there any filter that I can use to get a data structure representation
of the mesh so I can run the BFS?.

Thanks in advance! . Any help/suggestion will be greatly appreciated !!