[vtkusers] vtkCollisionDetectionFilter with 2 vtkActor (line and palne)+translation

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 12:30:15 EDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 10:41 AM, Mark Hervagault <mark.hervagault at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I work with java and vtkCollisionDetectionFilter is'nt detected. How I can
> have this class ?
>
> thank
>

> --

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Hi Mark,

Sorry missed this post.

The basic steps are:

   1. Get VTK source code either by downloading the source (zip or tar.gz)
   or cloning with git
   2. Install CMake
   3. Using CMake, generate the build files for VTK for your environment.
   Make sure to check the options "Module_vtkWrappingJava" and "VTK_WRAP_JAVA"
   4. Build VTK with Java wrappers
   5. Get the vtkBioeng source code (clone or download from github)
   6. Using CMake, generate the build files for the vtkBioeng lib. Same
   options should be checked for Java.
   7. Build vtkBioeng with Java wrappers

The filter you want, vtkCollisionDetectionFilter, will be contained in the
library you produced in step 7 above. This lib can be imported into your
java project.

I've added JavaDependencies.cmake.in to the repo, so hopefully all will
build ok.

More in depth java-specific advice here:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Java_Wrapping

hth

Goodwin