[vtkusers] vtkPlaneSource- display a plane in my vtkWindow

Jon Haitz Legarreta jhlegarreta at vicomtech.org
Thu Jun 12 10:35:30 EDT 2014

Hi Mark,
your actor is just displaying its data source, which is your vtkPlaneSource.

May be your plane is too small compared to the other objects you are
displaying.

It seems to me weird that your plane gets displayed when you set its
actor's visibility to false. I'd download and execute the example as it is,
and then start adding your own objects.

May be setting the vtkPlaneSource's first and second points [1]
(SetPoint1(), SetPoint2()) at more distant locations from the origin may
help.

JON HAITZ

[1] http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkPlaneSource.html#details