[vtkusers] vtkPolyDataNormals with incoming cell data

Gerrick Bivins Gerrick.Bivins at halliburton.com
Mon Jun 9 17:51:49 EDT 2014

Hi All,
I have a dataset which contains cell data for which I'm generating streamlines via vtkStreamTracer.
I then pass this through a vtkTubeFilter. Up to this point, all is well.
The next step in the pipeline is passing this through a vtkDataSetSurfaceFilter.
Then I pass the output through a vtkPolyDataNormals filter and this is where the problem seems to occur.

The output of the vtkPolyDataNormals filter hasnew cells that were created during
the execution of the vtkPolyDataNormals filter which didn't seem correct.
Looking at the code, I think it is only copying the input cell data.
This causes problems when I try to query the output polydata.
For instance, which original cell  was a cell in the output generated from?

Anyone have some ideas on why vtkPolyDataNormals would create new cells?
My understanding was that it would only create new points where it needed to split
edges based on the split feature edges setting and the angle specified.

Gerrick
PS I'm still using 5.10.*
[Your Enterprise is Bigger than a Desktop]<https://www.landmarksoftware.com/Pages/DefaultHome.aspx>

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review, use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.