[vtkusers] Linker error

Jon Haitz Legarreta jhlegarreta at vicomtech.org
Mon Jun 9 08:13:55 EDT 2014

Dear Waldo,
I'm running VTK 6.1.0 with VS 2010, and found no linking errors when trying
to build any of VTK's built-in examples.

Just checked the BUILD_EXAMPLES flag (had to check as well the
BUILD_TESTING flag; otherwise CMake complained) (linking statically, on the
other hand, the same as you: had the BUILD_SHARED_LIBRARIES flag unchecked
in CMake), re-configured, re-generated, re-built VTK, and executed an
example (\Examples\Tutorial\Step2\Cxx\Cone2) with no problems.

VTK's CMakeLists.txt files should care about finding and linking against
the appropriate libraries, so unless you've modified either the CMakeLists
or the project's properties in VS (which is neither required nor expected),
I cannot find a reasonable explanation.

JON HAITZ

<http://www.vicomtech.org/en/proteccion-datos>