[vtkusers] SafeDownCast in Python wrapper

Markus Fuger markus.fuger at outlook.com
Fri Jun 6 23:46:13 EDT 2014

Hello,

I don't actually want to do that - but because I did not get any answer to post here:
http://www.vtk.org/pipermail/vtkusers/2014-May/084020.html
I ask another question because I think it might be the solution for my initial problem.

How to properly use the SafeDownCast Method with the Python wrapper to use methods that should be inherited from a parent class? According to this document ( https://github.com/Kitware/VTK/blob/master/Wrapping/Python/README_WRAP.txt ) it should not be needed - but in the same way I cannot access the SetInputString method for vtkXMLStructuredDataReaders.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Markus