[vtkusers] how to draw with exact physical dimension (on screen)

Maarten Beek beekmaarten at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 6 11:17:08 EDT 2014

I quickly checked Qt, there are functions (e.g.: QPaintDevice::heightMM()), but the docs also say it is inaccurate.

Maarten

On Friday, June 6, 2014 8:58:58 AM, David Gobbi <david.gobbi at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Elvis,

I've tried doing this in the past, but the pixel sizes reported by the operating
system are only approximate and are sometimes wildly inaccurate.  VTK
itself has no way of retrieving this information, as far as I am aware.

In the end, I just applied a ruler to the screen :)

  David