[vtkusers] Read 1 STL file containing multiple STL objects.

Mark Hervagault mark.hervagault at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 04:37:44 EDT 2014

Hi,

I search how to read a STL file that contains 2 STL files. Let me explain
I created a STL file of 2 STL file (porsche.stl + peace.stl) with Meshlab.

*Problem:*
With my code, I can read my stl file. But I view only my first stl file:
porsche.stl.
Can you help me visualize my two STL components?

After, I would separate them from each other to change their colors, etc...
but that's for later.

*My STL file:*
fichier.7z <http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5727364/fichier.7z>

*My code:*

package testvtk;

import vtk.vtkActor;
import vtk.vtkNativeLibrary;
import vtk.vtkSTLReader;
import vtk.vtkPolyDataMapper;
import vtk.vtkRenderWindow;
import vtk.vtkRenderWindowInteractor;
import vtk.vtkRenderer;

public class NewMain1 {
    // Chargement des librairies
    static {
        if (!vtkNativeLibrary.LoadAllNativeLibraries()) {
            for (vtkNativeLibrary lib : vtkNativeLibrary.values()) {
                if (!lib.IsLoaded()) {
                    System.out.println(lib.GetLibraryName() + " not
loaded");
                }
            }
        }
        vtkNativeLibrary.DisableOutputWindow(null);
    }

        // import du fichier stl

        vtkSTLReader reader = new vtkSTLReader();
        reader.SetFileName("fichier.stl");
        reader.Update();

        //Visualisation
        vtkPolyDataMapper mapper = new vtkPolyDataMapper();
        mapper.SetInputConnection(reader.GetOutputPort(0));

        vtkActor actor = new vtkActor();
        actor.SetMapper(mapper);

        vtkRenderer renderer = new vtkRenderer();
        vtkRenderWindow renderWindow = new vtkRenderWindow();
        renderWindow.AddRenderer(renderer);
        vtkRenderWindowInteractor renderWindowInteractor = new
vtkRenderWindowInteractor();
        renderWindowInteractor.SetRenderWindow(renderWindow);

        renderer.AddActor(actor);
        renderer.SetBackground(.3, .6, .3);
        renderer.ResetCamera();

        renderWindow.Render();