[vtkusers] Wierd behaviour of vtkClipPolyData and vtkGaussianSplatter (reproducable with Paraview)

Taron taron2000 at gmx.de
Wed Jun 4 04:21:49 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I have encountered another problem in my application. I want to clip
PolyData and then visualize the result as a volume via Guassian splatter. It
seems that the dataset is somehow initialy clipped at the starting position
of the plane. We are using the plane widget for that, like Paraview does. I
could reproduce this in Paraview as well. The Image shows that the dataset
is some how clipped in the initial position of the plane. Clipping works to
the one side (removing more of the image) but not to the other side (i.e.
showing whole image).

<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5727317/paraview-clip-gauss.png>

P.S. the order here of first clipping and then splatter to a volume is
important here. Or is there a way to clip the resulting volume and still
render it with the GPUMapper?