[vtkusers] VTK 6 migration

Matteo sendtomatteo at yahoo.it
Tue Jun 3 06:54:51 EDT 2014

Hi
I am updating my program to VTK 6, I have a problem with
vtkMultiBlockDataSet.
I am following this guide
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/VTK_6_Migration/Replacement_of_SetInput

Before the code was correcly compiled this line:

m_Mapper->SetInputConnection(m_MultiBlockDataSet->GetProducerPort());

where:
m_Mapper is vtkCompositePolyDataMapper2 (vtkSmartPointer)
MultiBlockDataSet is vtkMultiBlockDataSet (vtkSmartPointer)

I was trying to update is to

m_Mapper->SetInputData(m_MultiBlockDataSet);

but I get this error:

error C2664: 'vtkPolyDataMapper::SetInputData' : cannot convert
parameter 1 from 'vtkSmartPointer<T>' to 'vtkPolyData *'

so I also tried

m_Mapper->SetInputConnection(m_MultiBlockDataSet->GetOutputPort());

But GetOutputPort() is not a member function of vtkMultiBlockDataSet

Any help?
Thenks
Matteo