[vtkusers] invalid drawable ; Mac OSX Mavericks and vtk 6.1

Totte Karlsson tottek at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 13:20:42 EDT 2014

Hello Kiro and David,
Thanks very much for response. I can see you have a solution for this
problem when you are using qtwidgets. I do believe I'm not using those
widgets, but I'm not sure cause I'm new to the mac. Does perhaps the
simplest vtk example create a widget?

Anyway, I did created a very simple example demonstrating my problem, which
happens when trying to 'reuse' a vtkInteracactor, i.e.

  main()
  {
  // setup vtkwindow, renderer and interactor

   // Render and interact
   renderWindow->Render();
   renderWindow->SetWindowName("First Window");

  //Interact until user presses 'e'
  renderWindowInteractor->Start();

  std::cout << "Window 1 closed..." << std::endl;
  //Now do some changes to the 'scene'.. and then start interaction again..

  //Hoops this does not work.. :(
  renderWindowInteractor->Start(); //<-- Actually, here I don't even see a
window
 }

Question is, how to rewrite the above code (for the mac) so I can provide
the user with 'two passes' of interaction?

Currently, code like this is called in python scripts. The user sets up a
'scene' and interacts with it. When 'e' is pressed, the code moves on and
some things are changed in the scene, and then a subsequent interaction
session is to be opened.

As you can see, this code is not designed with a UI, but is just meant to
work with the simple 'interaction' tools that the vtk interactor provides

Perhaps I need to create a completely new renderwindow and interactor?
tk