[vtkusers] FE display points, lines, etc

Steve Balderrama sbalderrama at eagle.org
Mon Jul 28 18:34:21 EDT 2014

Hi.  I have Finite Element data that contains 0D, 1D, and 2D elements.  For displaying the mesh I need the options of displaying all these cell types together or any of the above on their own.  I'm having a bit of a difficult time figuring out the most efficient way to set this up.   Is there a way to set this up with everything contained in a single polyData or would it be better to use a separate polydata for each type?  I currently have everything in one vtkPolyData but I don't see an obvious set of extractors or mappers to just retrieve certain cell types.  Thanks for any suggestions!