[vtkusers] Oculus Rift: vtkLensWarp - failure for request: vtkInformation

Citizen Snips amb2189 at rit.edu
Sun Jul 27 18:17:45 EDT 2014

Hey there guys. I'm currently working on an augmented reality stereo display
for the Oculus Rift, which requires a barrel distortion on each eye. For
this, I have four renderers (two for each eye) in a single render window.
I'm trying to get the output of the vtkImageImport objects that process cam
data for the background of each eye distorted using a vtkWarpLens. However,
I am constantly running into a blank display and an error that states:

vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline (0x3002f80): Algorithm
vtkWarpLens(0x3002320) returned failure for request: vtkInformation
(0x3004560)
  Debug: Off
  Modified Time: 1836
  Reference Count: 1
  Registered Events: (none)
  Request: REQUEST_DATA_OBJECT
  FROM_OUTPUT_PORT: 0
  ALGORITHM_AFTER_FORWARD: 1
  FORWARD_DIRECTION: 0

I don't really know what to make of this. I assume it's because I'm passing
vtkWarpLens a vtkImageData object instead of a vtkAlgorithmOutput or
whatever it is, but because I'm working in Python, it's a little unclear as
to what's going on. The only example of vtkWarpLens usage I could find was a
test file, as there are no examples. Can anyone help me out?