[vtkusers] vtkAxesActor and rubberbanding in C#...

Steve Balderrama sbalderrama at eagle.org
Tue Jul 22 17:49:12 EDT 2014

I'm using Activiz on Windows 7 with an HD4600 graphics processor.  For some reason when I have a vtkAxesActor in my scene, it messes up rubberbanding with the rubberband3d interactor.   The rubberbands will not draw over any background space, although they do draw over 3d objects in the scene.   It doesn't seem to matter whether the axesActor is placed directly in the RenderWindow or in a vtkOrientationMarkerWidget.  Any idea what might cause this behavior?

This is how I'm putting the axesActor in the scene currently.

vtkAxesActor axes = vtkAxesActor.New();
                axes.SetCylinderRadius(.08);
                axes.SetConeRadius(.7);
                axes.SetScale(3);
                axes.SetPosition(-1, -1, 0);
                axes.PickableOff();
                axes.DragableOff();
                axes.SetShaftTypeToCylinder();

                widget = vtkOrientationMarkerWidget.New();
                widget.SetOutlineColor(0.9300, 0.5700, 0.1300);
                widget.SetOrientationMarker(axes);
                vtkRenderWindowInteractor vr = viz.RenderWindow.GetInteractor();
                widget.SetInteractor(vr);
                widget.SetEnabled(1);