[vtkusers] Problem with QVtkWidget not rendering vktChartXY in visual studio 2013

Pablo Hernández pablo.hernandez.cerdan at outlook.com
Mon Jul 21 04:45:33 EDT 2014

Update. It seems that the first error I was getting in Windows is in fact relevant:
"Generic Warning: In D:\Software\VTK\source.git\Rendering\Context2D\vtkContextDevice2D.cxx, line 27
Error: no override found for 'vtkContextDevice2D'."

I went back to my Linux/Ubuntu machine at work, and installed the latest VTK from 'origin/nightly-master'.
And now I am getting the pointed error, and a core dump error in exactly the same code.

I still have the working vtk version though. I installed it a couple of months ago max. It is 6.2, but I don't know how to check minor versions, or the commit from where I installed it.

I use cmake to build, and change the vtk directory (particular_build/lib/cmake/vtk-6.2) seems clean, but I have heard that it is not recommended to have multiple vtk versions installed.

Cheers,
Pablo