[vtkusers] VTK Linking Error

Samant, Rutuja (samantrv) samantrv at mail.uc.edu
Thu Jul 17 08:26:58 EDT 2014

Hello,

I am using the vtk library for the first time. I am trying to run a simple example from the vtk examples available online using VS 2010. However I am making some mistake in linking the required vtk lib and directories. I keep getting the following error:

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static double __cdecl vtkLine::DistanceToLine(double * const,double * const,double * const,double &,double * const)" (__imp_?DistanceToLine at vtkLine@@SANQAN00AAN0 at Z) referenced in function _main

I have built vtk using cmake and also added the vtk directory to additional directories and included the vtk library to my project. Could you help me figure out whether I am missing any step in the linking process?

Regards,
Rutuja ?