[vtkusers] Remove Outer Wall from an Open Surface Mesh

Atwa tiagoalexp at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 13 20:35:16 EDT 2014

Greetings,

Im a newbie on VTK.

I'm working on an 3D Interface that lets the user manipulates the mesh after
its loaded. The problem is that many of the models (STL files) that are
going to be opened are cabins with an inner wall (or inner points, if you
prefer) and an outer wall, separeted by ~10cm.

I wish to remove the outer wall points and keep the inner ones. I've
searched through classes like vtkSelectEnclosedPoints or
vtkPolyDataSilhouette but i cannot really find any answer.

Is it possible to it do or do i have to convert it to a 2D model and work it
from there?

Thanks for any help.
Regards