[vtkusers] How to rotate the outline of the vtkImplicitPlaneWidget2 ?

Xin Tong tongxin829 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 17:47:37 EDT 2014

Hi,
I am designing an interactive visualization program, in which users can
interactively rotate the volumetric data. The users are supposed to rotate
the data directly, instead of changing the camera position to simulate the
rotation.

In this program, I have three things so far: a box outline of the
volumetric data, a direct volume rendering of the data, and
a vtkImplicitPlaneWidget2 to clip the data. To implement the rotation, I
apply a transformation by calling the "SetUserTransform()" function of the
vtkActor and vtkVolume to transform the data outline and the volume
rendering, respectively. However, I could not find such an option of
"SetUserTransform()" for vtkImplicitPlaneWidget2 or
vtkImplicitPlaneRepresentation.

Is there a method I can use to rotate the outline of the
vtkImplicitPlaneWidget2 and make it consistent with the rotation of my data
ouline? or I should have transformed the data outline and volume rendering
in a different way?

Thanks in advance,

Xin