[vtkusers] R: Migration problem vtk 5.8 - vtk 6.1

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Thu Jul 3 11:27:57 EDT 2014

Hi Lorenzo,

On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 7:40 AM, Lorenzo Cesario
<lorenzo.cesario at softeco.it> wrote:

> Anyway, I think that the problem is that I could fix it (although not in all
> the configurations/architecture) calling the
> vtkObjectFactory::UnRegisterAllFactories(); that it should be done by “vtk
> itself”.

To be totally clear I agree, I still need a minimal example I can
reproduce in order to fix it.

> My application is a single-document MFC executable, that uses for the
> visualization in its main CWnd another dll including vtk libraries.
>
> As I think it isn’t correct to call that method, could be a bug in vtk? or
> in any properties of my visual studio projects?

Yes, and figuring out which one is the challenge. If you try removing
the init from the Visual Studio properties, and simply include it in
your application code does this help? I have not seen this method of
injecting code, it should work but I am not aware of others using it.
I never work with Visual Studio projects without using CMake to
generate them, but the object factory code is pretty robust.

To be clear this is not expected behavior, but it is unclear to me if
it is an issue with your Visual Studio build files or in VTK's C++
code.

Marcus