[vtkusers] CMake/Linking Issues VTK 6.1.0

Christopher Mullins christopher.mullins at kitware.com
Tue Jul 1 17:56:47 EDT 2014

> //Value Computed by CMake
> ReadImageData_SOURCE_DIR:STATIC=C:/Users/Dan/Documents/Visual Studio
> 2013/Projects/VTK_test

This should be set to the example source directory, which I would expect to
be named ReadImageData.  When building the example, there should be no need
to edit any CMakeLists.txt files.

Once you set up an empty, clean build directory, you should open up
cmake-gui.  "Where is the source code:" should point to the ReadImageData
example source code that you downloaded.  "Where to build the binaries:"
should point to the clean, empty directory you have made.  Then set VTK_DIR
to point to your VTK-6.1-install/lib/cmake/vtk-6.1 or build directory
(whichever contains VTKConfig.cmake), where you have built VTK.

--
Christopher Mullins
R&D Engineer