[vtkusers] CPack generate both debug and stripped packages

Dresser, Derek Derek-Dresser at idexx.com
Mon Jan 27 14:59:16 EST 2014

Hello,

I would like to generate a stripped package and a package containing debug symbols from the same build.

I seem to be able to generate one or the other by changing the CPACK_STRIP_FILES variable in the CPackConfig.cmake file, but as I understand it, the actual stripping is done by cmake so changing that variable and running cpack again doesn't have the desired effect because cmake is not being run again.

I'd like to be able to generate packages like
  myproject-debug.tar.gz
and
  myproject-stripped.tar.gz

from the same build so I can support debugging core dumps.

is this something that is easily supported by cmake/cpack?  What am I missing?

Thank you,
Derek