[vtkusers] vtkGPUVolumeRayCastMapper bad quality

Michael Xanadu xanadu.michael at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 23 09:50:13 EST 2014

Hi,

I built VTK 5.8.0 with the example "GPURenderDemo.cxx" showing how to use
vtkSmartVolumeMapper. Example works fine, it is fast and smooth (it uses
the vtkGPUVolumeRayCastMapper inside vtkSmartVolumeMapper as default). So I
integrated the mapper according to the example in my onw project. It uses
QT (QVTKWidget).
HereI realised that the quality of the vtkGPUVolumeRayCastMapper is very
poor compared to the above example. Especially when the volume will be
rotated, it shows twinkle effects and seems to
be blurred:

http://www.image-systems.biz/download/iQ-3D/blurred.jpg

I don't know why this happens. I called the vtkSmartVolumeMapper the same
way as in the example. The only differences are, that I use a QVTKWidget
and that the software architecture of my program is more complicated than
the example.
Also I used some vtkWidgets on the view.
Does anybody have an idea? Or a good starting point? Maybe some of you guys
had also run into the problem?

Michael