[vtkusers] Issue with vtkInteractorStyleSwitchBase and vtkMFCWindow

Doug Hoppes dhoppes at mbfbioscience.com
Wed Jan 22 10:10:00 EST 2014

Hi,

                I got the latest release of VTK and have noticed a warning that is now showing up.  I'm using the VTKMFCWindow in my application.  In vtk code, this class creates the vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow.  In the constructor of the vtkRenderWindowInteractor, the InteractorStyle is set to use the vtkInteractorStyleSwitchBase::New()).  This causes the vtkInteractorStyleSwitchBase::GetInteractor() to show a warning.

                Is there a way to fix this on our side?  Or is this a bug with VTK?  Can we temporarily suppress the warning until the issue is resolved?

Doug