[vtkusers] Generate Connectivity Lines in Mesh

updega2 updega2 at berkeley.edu
Tue Jan 21 17:53:28 EST 2014

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a way to quickly generate connectivity lines on
a mesh? For example, I am loading in an STL file which contains Points and
Polys information. If I just save this mesh as a legacy vtk file or a vtp
file, the saved file doesn't have Line information (only Point and Poly
information, which makes sense).

Is there an easy way to create these lines? I can obviously visualize these
lines as edges in Paraview, but I can't physically save them to an output
file. To be able to do this, will I actually have to iterate through all the
points, and create a vtkCellArray of all of these connecting lines?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!