[vtkusers] Bug in vtkTIFFReader reading multi-paged tiff file

Maarten Beek beekmaarten at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 17 15:34:56 EST 2014

I think I have it working now.

Set opacity for 2d image to 1.0 (removed SetOpacity(0.5) call)

Changed image data of 3d tiff image into unsigned char (vtkShiftScale) and called tiffactor->SetOpacity(0.5).

Order of loading actors into renderer doesn't seem to be an issue.
I am not using my custom addalpha algorithm, so the tiff image has one component.

Not sure I fully understand...
The HasTransparency() function of vtkImageActor requires uchar data and 2 or 4 components in order to return 1...

Anyway - I go into the weekend happily.
Thanks again for all your time.

Maarten