[vtkusers] scale viewport?

José Eduardo Meireles jemeireles at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 13:08:07 EST 2014

Sorry for the slightly unclear description of my intent. The goal
really is to change change aspect ration of the scene.

Say I have spheres representing attributes of driving conditions. Data
is coming in different units with wildly different magnitudes for the
different axis (say X is ~ to speed, Y is ~ to number of people in the
car, and Z ~ to driver's age). As such, passing untransformed data as
coordinates can result in really bad plots, where spheres are is too
spread out or too clustered along one axis.

What I am doing is scaling the data before it gets passed to sphere
source, and it works ok, but I wonder it that is the canonical way of
doing it or if there's a better solution.