[vtkusers] VTK and GDCM building problem

Michael Xanadu xanadu.michael at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 15 07:50:23 EST 2014

Hi friends,

I developed a project using CMake 2.8.12.1, Visual Studio 2010, GDCM 2.4.1
and VTK 5.6.0. I successfully compiled VTK and now I have a problem
concerning compiling GDCM with support of VTK. I need to enable
"GDCM_USE_VTK" in the CMake options of  GDCM. That option leads to a
compiler error when I try to build the "INSTALL" subproject in the GDCM
solution:

CMake Error at cmake_install.cmake:31 (FILE): file INSTALL cannot find
"D:/Libs/VTK_5.6.0/BIN/bin/vtkCommon.dll".

I took a look in the VTK directory and found out that the path mentioned
above does not exists. Instead the dll is located in:

D:\Libs\VTK_5.6.0\BIN\bin\Release\vtkCommon.dll or
D:\Libs\VTK_5.6.0\BIN\bin\Debug\vtkCommon.dll

That means GDCM solution does not know the dll is located in a special
debug or release folder. If I disable "GDCM_USE_VTK" everything works. But
I do need the VTK dll for GDCM.
Any thoughts?

Thank you,
Michael