[vtkusers] EXC_BAD_ACCESS only for larger meshes

updega2 updega2 at berkeley.edu
Tue Jan 14 23:08:02 EST 2014

I've been working on trying to create a filter that uses the vtkFeatureEdges
to separate a mesh's surfaces into separate regions. The reason for this is
to be able to assign boundary conditions to certain surfaces for CFD.
Anyway, I was able to get it to work, but only for smaller meshes (thousands
of elements).

For larger meshes (larger than ten thousand elements), I get the following
error:

* thread #1: tid = 0x53081, 0x00007fff8dfc7944
libc++abi.dylib`__cxxabiv1::__si_class_type_info::has_unambiguous_public_base(__cxxabiv1::__dynamic_cast_info*,
void*, int) const, queue = 'com.apple.main-thread, stop reason =
EXC_BAD_ACCESS (code=1, address=0x10)

I can also post some code, but I figured I might start with this to see if
anyone has experienced anything similar.

Thanks!