[vtkusers] Fwd: Problems with vtkDoubleArray

Ronald Römer rroemer at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 08:27:24 EST 2014

Hello Susanne,

the problem is simple. Don't use InsertNextTupleValue in conjunction with
SetNumberOfTuples (or SetNumberOfValues). The following code will work:

vtkDoubleArray *measurements = vtkDoubleArray::New();
//measurements->SetNumberOfComponents(1);

measurements->SetNumberOfValues(numberOfGridpoints);
measurements->SetName(name);

for (int i = 0; i < numberOfGridpoints; i++) {
    double temp = static_cast<double>(measurementArray[i][t]);
    cout << "temp: " << temp << endl;
    measurements->SetValue(i, temp);

    double check = measurements->GetValue(i);
    cout << "check: " << check << endl;
}

meshPolyData->GetPointData()->AddArray(measurements);

Best regards (from Germany).