[vtkusers] Off-screen rendering

Gib Bogle g.bogle at auckland.ac.nz
Sun Jan 12 17:12:08 EST 2014

I am creating a movie of the QVTKWidget render window as the program executes, sending the vtkImageData to the movie-making functions every time the screen is rendered.  Currently it only sends the image data when the screen is displayed, but I'd like to have the images transmitted even when they are not visible.  Is this possible?  I have looked at VTK/Examples/Cxx/Utilities/OffScreenRendering, but this covers the case where only off-screen rendering is required.
Thanks
Gib