[vtkusers] loss of data profiling vtkDataArray::Allocate

marco piccirilli piccima at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 13:36:23 EST 2014

Hello all
I'm having some troubles trying to detect some leak in my program:
I'm using vtk5.10.1 on ubuntu:
using memcheck I finally arrive at this point:
9,720,000 bytes in 1 blocks are possibly lost in loss record

0x64C086D: vtkDataArrayTemplate<float>::Allocate(long long, long long)
(vtkDataArrayTemplate.txx:138)

      vtkIdType newSize = (sz > 0 ? sz : 1);
      this->Array = static_cast<T*>(malloc(static_cast<size_t>(newSize)
                                           * sizeof(T)));
      if(this->Array==0)

Any guess what could be the problem?

Thank you