[vtkusers] Future of activiz .net?

David Cole dlrdave at aol.com
Mon Jan 6 22:34:45 EST 2014

So.....

I count 11 +1s on this thread from Dec. 6 through Dec. 23. (
http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/Future-of-activiz-net-td5724873.html )

In order to achieve the funding level necessary to see this project
through, we would need about 130 kickstarter backers at the same
average level we had before with 20 backers.

I could see perhaps getting a VTK 6 or 6.1 build of it done with
perhaps half the funding level, but that would still be 65-70 backers
at that same average level.

Based on a count of 11, I'm gonna say it's probably not worth the
effort of attempting crowd-funding on it again at this time. Unless you
guys all have 6 or 7 guys each behind you also willing to chip in....

If anybody would like to suggest a non-crowd-funded way to get it done,
or a way to attract exactly the right crowd to make our 11 +1s into 60
or so, feel free to give me a ring.

David C.