[vtkusers] Using vtkTransformPolyDataFilter Locks Up Application

zmanvortex donny.zimmerman at willowpointsoftware.com
Sun Jan 5 20:08:58 EST 2014

Hi Bill. Thanks for reading my thread.

Yes, I am trying to create filled contours. I am visualizing high resolution
weather radar data. Maybe you can help me find a better way. I am able to
visualize the raw data by creating polygons (quads) and using a simple
polygons->polydatamapper->actor pipeline. Here is a screenshot:

<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5725223/raw_data.png>

I save memory by creating polygons directly from my data, but instead I am
using vtkImageCanvasSource2D and drawing the two triangles of each quad to a
2d image, which takes more memory. I do this so I can use the
MarchingSquares algorithm to get the contours. Is there a way I can get
filled contours from my polygon approach so it looks somewhat like the
following screenshot:

<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5725223/contoured_radar.png>

I have been browsing through the different classes in VTK and I am unable to
really come up with a good way.

Any help would be appreciated.