[vtkusers] How to export vtk source objects created in programming way into files to load in ParaView etc

Wei Wu salad00 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 14:02:36 EST 2014

Hi there,

I learned how to create vtk source objects, such as cubes, disks etc, in a
programming way. However every time I need to run my written program to
display the objects. Do we have a method to export these already created
objects into a vtk or vtu file, in order to load into software like
ParaView to render them later on?

I have tried to find the solution but unfortunately didn't get any clue.
Your help will be appreciated greatly!

Many thanks for your hint in advance!

Best regards,
Wei