[vtkusers] Problem with tetrahedron face orientation in vtk-5.8.0-15 (debian jessie repositories)

victor sv victorsv at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 08:36:08 EST 2014

Hi all,

currently i've remarked a strange behavior representing boundaries in
meshes with python-vtk (5.8.0-15) on Debian Jessie.

I'm using classic VTK files (non XML files) to store mesh connectivities
and element references (with constant fields). This files are the result of
a conversion from other FE mesh formats, where we ensure the positive
jacobian in every tetrahedral element in order to have a good element and
face orientation.

I never have problems with the visualization of face references, correctly
oriented, except with this version.

Is there some known issue about that?

I attach the mesh and a picture showing the result with this version where
you can see 2 triangles (faces), one well oriented and the other with a
wrong orientation.

Regards,
Víctor.