[vtkusers] How to enlarge an image with vtkImageActor and vtkInteractorStyleImage

John Anaia john.anaia at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 00:08:55 EST 2014

(Sorry for last email without a subject line)

I want to display a PNG image thru vtkImageActor and
vtkInteractorStyleImage on QVTKWidget. Everything works fine except the
image appears too small. How do I make the image appears larger when I show
it the first time without mouse interaction? I tried Dolly but no effect at
all. Someone please recommend a camera function to enlarge the image? Here
is my code

  vtkSmartPointer<vtkPNGReader> reader = vtkSmartPointer<vtkPNGReader>:
:New();

  QString path = QCoreApplication::applicationDirPath();
  path.append("/icons/logo.png");
  reader->SetFileName((path.toStdString()).c_str());

  vtkSmartPointer<vtkImageActor> imgactor =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkImageActor>::New();
  imgactor->SetInput(reader->GetOutput());

  vtkSmartPointer<vtkInteractorStyleImage> isi =
    vtkSmartPointer<vtkInteractorStyleImage>::New();

gUI.qvtkWidget->GetRenderWindow()->GetInteractor()->SetInteractorStyle(isi);

  // a renderer and render window
  vtkRenderer *ren1 = vtkRenderer::New();
  gUI.qvtkWidget->GetRenderWindow()->AddRenderer(ren1);

  // add the actor to the scene
  ren1->AddViewProp(imgactor);
  ren1->SetBackground(1,1,1);     // Background color

  ren1->GetActiveCamera()->Dolly(1.0);

Thank you!

John