[vtkusers] Compiling VTK with Tcl/Tk on OS X

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 19:40:46 EST 2014

These are all the relevant variables from my CMakeCache.txt:

VTK_WRAP_TCL:BOOL=ON
VTK_Group_Tk:BOOL=ON
TCL_INCLUDE_PATH:PATH=/System/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Headers
TCL_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/System/Library/Frameworks/tcl.framework
TK_INCLUDE_PATH:PATH=/System/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers
TK_INTERNAL_PATH:PATH=/System/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/PrivateHeaders
TK_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/System/Library/Frameworks/tk.framework

If you want to be double-sure, you can add the version number to the
variables, like this:

TK_INCLUDE_PATH:PATH=/System/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Versions/8.5/Headers

It's unlikely that your system Tk has been damaged or uninstalled, the
/System directory is reserved for Apple's own packages and any Tk
package that you have downloaded will not have installed itself there.

To see all the places where Tk is installed on your system, search for
tkMacOSXInt.h.

  David