[vtkusers] simple scalar color mapping from point data in vtkXMLPUnstructuredGridReader

gaertige erichgaertig at web.de
Sat Feb 22 00:20:10 EST 2014

Hello,
I'm a complete newbie in VTK so I apologize already for my supposedly rather
simple question. For some days now I'm trying to solve the following
problem: From a dynamic FEM simulation, I get as output a pvtu-file with
associated vtu-files for each time step. I already found out, how to query
the pvtu-file for information like number of time steps, point array names
and so on. Now I want to take a specific point array from a specific time
step and visualize it on the unstructured grid. Unfortunately, I have little
idea, how to do it. I read the vtkXMLPUnstructuredGridReader class
documentation but couldn't get any clues. Can someone here on this forum
help me please? Any advice is greatly appreciated..