[vtkusers] vtkProperty::LoadMaterial() disappeared in VTK 6.1

Flavien Bridault flavien.bridault-louchez at ircad.u-strasbg.fr
Fri Feb 21 09:39:37 EST 2014

Hello,

We are upgrading from VTK 6.0 to 6.1. However we have a problem with the
method vtkProperty::LoadMaterial(). It has been removed and we used to
call it to load our GLSL shaders. I didn't find any mention of that
change in the release notes, but maybe I simply missed it.

Is there an alternative to that method ? For now, the only solution I
can find is to use vtkOpenGLProperty::SetPropProgram() but that means I
need to load the vertex and pixel shaders manually, etc... And what
about the uniforms since we no longer use the material file, where they
used to be bound ?

Thanks for your answer.
--
Flavien BRIDAULT-LOUCHEZ

	*Flavien BRIDAULT-LOUCHEZ*
Ingénieur de Recherche

flavien.bridault-louchez at ircad.fr
<mailto:flavien.bridault-louchez at ircad.u-strasbg.fr>

		IRCAD France
http://www.ircad.fr/ <http://www.ircad.fr/>

Suivez l'IRCAD sur Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/IRCAD/193785273990141>

*IRCAD France*
Hôpitaux Universitaires - 1, place de l'Hôpital - 67091 Strasbourg Cedex
- FRANCE