[vtkusers] Saving whole scene

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor.lists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 07:45:39 EST 2014

Hi Adam,

VTK has no native scene description.

vtkExporter is an abstract class that can't be used itself. Its concrete
subclasses implement writing out scene descriptions like 3DS, VTML, X3D,
and OBJ.

There is only one exporter vtkVRMLExporter that has a corresponding
importer vtkVRMLImporter. I've never tested how well they work together but
you could give it a shot.

hth

Goodwin