[vtkusers] ActiViz | Garbage Collection unhandled exception

franko franko at mixzon.com
Fri Feb 14 14:26:53 EST 2014

When running my application (ActiViz.Net, C++), I get the following error:

Exception was unhandled
error: could not get registered type - mteIndex='4294967295' classNameKey=''

Call Stack:

Kitware.mummy.Runtime.dll!Kitware.mummy.Runtime.Methods.GetConstructorInfo(uint
mteIndex) + 0x289 bytes

Kitware.mummy.Runtime.dll!Kitware.mummy.Runtime.Methods.CreateWrappedObjectImpl(uint
mteStatus, uint mteIndex, uint rawRefCount, System.IntPtr rawCppThis, bool
callDisposalMethod, out bool created) + 0x17c bytes

Kitware.mummy.Runtime.dll!Kitware.mummy.Runtime.Methods.CreateWrappedObject(uint
mteStatus, uint mteIndex, uint rawRefCount, System.IntPtr rawCppThis, bool
callDisposalMethod, out bool found) + 0x47 bytes
 	Kitware.VTK.dll!Kitware.VTK.vtkObjectEventRelay.Execute(System.IntPtr
caller, uint eventId, System.IntPtr callData) + 0x69 bytes
 	[Native to Managed Transition]
 	[Managed to Native Transition]
 	Kitware.VTK.dll!Kitware.VTK.vtkAlgorithm.Dispose(bool disposing) + 0x7e
bytes
 	Kitware.VTK.dll!Kitware.VTK.vtkAbstractMapper.Dispose(bool disposing) +
0x28 bytes
 	Kitware.VTK.dll!Kitware.VTK.vtkAbstractMapper3D.Dispose(bool disposing) +
0x28 bytes
 	Kitware.VTK.dll!Kitware.VTK.vtkMapper.Dispose(bool disposing) + 0x28 bytes
 	Kitware.VTK.dll!Kitware.VTK.vtkPolyDataMapper.Dispose(bool disposing) +
0x28 bytes
 	Kitware.mummy.Runtime.dll!Kitware.mummy.Runtime.WrappedObject.Finalize() +
0x2a bytes
 	[Native to Managed Transition]

I've read the following threads in VTK-Users archive:

- ActiviZ | Strange Error | DavidCole
- Dispose to vtk objects
- ActiViz vtkImagePlaneWidget

My application draws a model of connected pipes with annotations. There are
times when the code needs to redraw the model. I use the same vtkRenderer
and vtkRenderWindow, but I execute renderer->RemoveAllViewProps() before
adding new actors and assemblies to the renderer.

I'm wondering if .Net has deleted something that VTK thinks is still there.
Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks,
Frank Opila