[vtkusers] issue with QVTKWidget

Sam Raby rabysam28 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 09:03:21 EST 2014

Hi,

I have complied Qt-enabled VTK, and I can add QVTKWidget to my application
by hard-coding without using Qt Designer, as follows:
myQVTKWidget->GetRenderWindow()->AddRenderer(myVTKRenderer).

Now I am trying the following example to use QT Designer and adding
VTKWidget and then promoting it to QVTKWidget:

http://hxr99.blogspot.com/2013/03/qt-vtk-displaying-single-dicom-file.html

It appears that I can promote VTKWidget to QVTKWidget as I did not get any
error message, however when I compile I am getting the following error:
"class Ui::MainWindow' has no member named 'vtkRenderer' which is for the
following line of my code: imageViewer->SetRenderWindow(ui->vtkRenderer->
GetRenderWindow());

Would you advise how to resolve this?

Thanks
-S