[vtkusers] Initializing vtkDicomParser

Jothybasu Selvaraj jothybasu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 09:27:10 EST 2014

Dear All
After a long time I am using VTK. I had been using vtk5 and now changed
vtk6. I just built it with MSVS 2010 and using it with Qt4.8.

>From the migration guide I came to know that the vtk modules needs to be
initialized before adding any vtk headers. I want to use vtkGDCMImageReader
and it seem to be in the vtkDICOMParser module.

I tried to initialize it like this, but it does not work

#define vtkDICOMParser_AUTOINIT 2(vtkSys,vtkDICOMParser)

and also like this

#include <vtkAutoInit.h>
 VTK_MODULE_INIT(vtkDiocmParser);

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Jothybasu K Selvaraj

Post Doctoral Fellow
Dept. of Radiotherapy
Netherlands Cancer Institute-Antoni van Leeuwenhoek
Amsterdam