[vtkusers] maven build missing Java project "vtk"

Alip alip.pashaei at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 07:40:48 EST 2014

Hi

I am new in maven project development. For a web application I would like to
use vtk library dependency. I only need to use vtk io and filter classes
(not visualization tools).
I use the following settings to package vtk for maven:

     CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=Release
     CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=../mvn-staging-install
     VTK_WRAP_JAVA:BOOL=ON
and
     option(VTK_JAVA_INSTALL "Use the Java rules to build the native
libraries." ON)

With this setting, vtk package is generated successfully in the install
directory. I can load package in the Eclipse IDE as maven project and run as
"maven install" and it compiles with the message of successful build.

I added the dependency below inside my project pom:

<dependency>
    <groupId>kitware.community</groupId>
    <artifactId>vtk</artifactId>
    <version>6.1</version>
</dependency>

Now my project can not find vtk package giving the following error:

Project 'test1' is missing required Java project: 'vtk''.

what is missing here to do? vtk folder shows up in maven dependencies. I
already linked another maven project similarly and it worked fine.

webapplication works perfectly when I set -Djava.library.path variable, then
I think there is not problem with vtk installation.

I am with: Mac osx 10.9.1, javaSE 1.7.0_51, eclipse kepler 4.3, vtk 6.1 of
course.

thanks in advance

Alip